PowerShell HelpWriter 2016The first professionally designed environment for writing and editing Windows PowerShell help files.
- Fully-featured editor helps you write accurate and complete help topics.
- Supports all command types: cmdlets, functions, workflows, CIM commands.
- Converts comment-based help to PSMAML files.
- Creates new help topics from scratch.
- Generates starter help for any command or all commands in a module.
- Edits existing help files in editor or color-code XML view.
- Add and remove parameters as the code changes.
PowerShell HelpWriter 2016 is the premier editor for Windows PowerShell XML help files for all command types, including cmdlets, functions, workflows, and CIM commands.
PowerShell Help Writer 2016 creates and edits Windows PowerShell XML help files for all command types, including cmdlets, functions, workflows, and CIM commands. Focus on your content and let PowerShell Help Writer 2015 worry about the XML.
Generate help files from modules
No need to start from scratch. PowerShell HelpWriter analyzes your module and generates starter help files that match the cmdlet code.
Focus on examples
The PowerShell HelpWriter designer features an environment especially designed for writing examples with an editable prompt and monospace font for formatting output.
Get the details right
PowerShell HelpWriter makes it easy to include even detailed information for advanced readers.
You can test your help files as you work, validate them, and run them in Windows PowerShell.
Edit in XML
Whenever you need it, you can view or edit the help file in the built-in XML editor. The PowerShell HelpWriter XML editor is a complete XML editor—not just a read-only viewer.
Complete Help Editor UI
Features a dynamic editor that guides you through the process of writing complete and accurate help topics for all of your commands.
Help Matches the Code
PowerShell Help Writer generates starter help topic from the code in any command of any type, including individual commands and commands in a module. No need to figure out the cmdlet attribute or parameter attribute values, inputs or outputs. And, the help always matches the code.
Create help files from scratch
Use the PowerShell Help Writer editor to create help from scratch for new or existing commands. Write help for a command even before the command code is written and it as a code specification.
Edit existing help files
Edit existing help files in the PowerShell Help Writer editor UI or as XML. Add or delete parameters, including dynamic parameters.
Convert comment-based-help to PSMAML
Generates starter help from existing help in your new PSMAML files, including comment-based-help for functions.
Write excellent examples
Displays a custom UI for writing examples with a monospace font.
Validate PSMAML Files
All help files conform to the PSMAML schema for Windows PowerShell help files. Use the Validate Help Schema feature to validate any file.
Edit as XML
Edit any XML file in the color-coded XML editor with XML node navigation and PrimalSense code completion.
Latest Version: 1.1.20
- Windows Server 2008 R2 / Windows Server 2012 / Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 10, 32-bit and 64-bit versions supported
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or later
- Windows PowerShell 2.0 or later
- 2GB RAM (Recommended for Windows PowerShell)
- Processor capable of running Windows 7
- Visual Studio 2012 Runtime