We will answer some of the most common questions here, but if you happen to have any additional questions that are not addressed below, feel free to send those via email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is a Subscription?
- A subscription is SAPIEN Technologies' newest payment model. A subscription will allow you to utilize our software without purchasing a license, which requires a significant upfront cost.
- What is included in my subscription?
- Free upgrades to all service builds and product version releases during the term of your subscription.
- Product Technical Support in the form of our Product Support Forums.
- Twenty activations are allowed at any given time, with two instances running concurrently.
- When will I be billed?
- If choosing our Annual Subscription - Billed Monthly plan, you will be billed when you sign up and then monthly after that.
- If choosing our Annual Subscription - Prepaid plan, you will be billed when you sign up and then annually after that.
- How do I pay for my subscription?
- Subscriptions will require auto-pay by Credit Card.
- Can I pause my subscription?
- Subscriptions have a start and end date. You cannot pause a subscription.
- Can I cancel my subscription?
- You may cancel at any time after your initial one-year commitment period. Please note that cancellations do not result in refunds. Payments made are non-refundable, and the software will continue to be accessible through the paid subscription period. You will not be charged any additional payments, and your subscription will expire at the next scheduled billing date.
- What is your return policy?
- All SAPIEN Technologies software is non-refundable, which includes both licenses and subscriptions. We offer fully functional 45-day trials on all software. Detailed descriptions of all software are available, and it is assumed that the buyer has reviewed all available information, operated the trial version, and is fully satisfied with the software prior to purchasing. Therefore, all purchased software that has been registered and/or activated at any time, is non-refundable.
If the software has been purchased in error, SAPIEN Technologies will extend a refund within 14-days, provided the software has not been registered to an account and/or activated. Any registration and/or history of activation of the software will result in this refund option becoming null and void, and the purchase deemed non-refundable.
For a full explanation of our Refund Policy, please visit our SAPIEN Refund Policy webpage.
- Is there a difference in product features between licenses and subscriptions?
- There are no differences in the product features offered in licenses and subscriptions.
There is one key difference in the operational capabilities of the software. License holders can apply for an Offline Activation File, which allows the software to be used in an offline environment. However, subscription holders are not eligible to use the software offline for an extended period of time.
- Am I allowed to own and use licenses and subscriptions at the same time?
- Yes, you may own and use licenses and subscriptions at the same time.
- Do I have to be connected to the internet to operate the software with my subscription?
- Yes, to activate and operate the software, you must be connected to the internet. If you are in a situation where you need to go offline, you will have a five-day grace period before the software block access until an internet connection has been established. Therefore, you will need to use the software with an internet connection at least once every five days.
- Can I request an Offline Activation File for my subscription?
- No, Offline Activation Files are not available for subscriptions. If you need to operate the software in an offline environment, a License will need to be purchased.
- What if I forget about my subscription renewal date?
- Your subscription will automatically renew. You can find your renewal date on the Registered Product page of your SAPIEN Account. We will send you a renewal notification email seven days before each scheduled payment. You will also receive a completed payment receipt after a payment has been successfully processed.
If the payment fails, you will receive a notification to update your payment and/or billing details.
- Do I have to update to new versions automatically?
- New versions do not automatically install on your device; you can install updates at your leisure. You are eligible to run any version available, starting with the most recent build available on your initial purchase date.
Please note that we release service builds that introduce new features or enhancements and also fix bugs. If you encounter any issues with the software, an upgrade to a newer version is often required to solve the problem.
- Can I exchange products during my subscription?
- No, exchanges of software are not permitted at any time. Please refer to our full SAPIEN Refund Policy for more information.