PowerShell Studio Feature RequestsFeature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions.
`Activation` Alternative Activation Mode: Azure Application
Bosparan, Oct. 31, 2018Denied:
We will not tie our activation process to Microsoft infrastructure outside of our control.
Currently, activating Sapien software requires a Sapien account and a key bound to that account.
Then we have two activations per license, and that's that. This comes with several disadvantages:
- Access to the software is only possible on those two machines (while alternative solutions can be available on every computer)
- License Assignment needs to be individually tracked
- Licenses are harder to manage (For example: Reassigning a license when an employee left and did not share his Sapien account data | Or if shared Sapien account: Deployment becomes cumbersome unless sharing access to that account, granting everybody access to not-yet consumed licenses / activations)
- Activations are actually per machine when the license is per user.
Supporting a license system via AzureAD integration would allow:
- Central license management by companies
- True per user activation
- Accessing the software from any machine
It would also allow leveraging other tools available via cloud infrastructure, such as profile/resource sharing across devices based on identity out-of-the-box.
Comment by Alexander Riedel, Nov. 1, 2018
You aremaking some assumptions here that are not quite correct :D
We already have a mechanism for most of these items in place. They do exist for virtualized environments outside of Microsoft's Azure proprietary universe and work sufficently well.
I am assuming for the moment that these can be applied there to. I believe you have a contact at SAPIEN to get more information about this.
Here is some information how a multi-user license is managed by one SAPIEN account.