Building Forms on the fly

Archived support forum for customers who once purchased a PrimalForms product license. This forum is locked.
This topic is 9 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
boyddt_co

Building Forms on the fly

Post by boyddt_co »

I have a project that I'm working on whose output is going to vary depending on the operator using it. Basically it is a table with 7 columns and x number of rows - with the rows being dependent on the number of machines in a cell. The row count could be anywhere from 1 to 12. As I query data from SQL I'd like to custom build the form at run-time so that I'm only showing a table big enough to hold the data.

If I can't have the form built dynamically, can I have multiple forms, one for each of the twelve possibilities and call the form based on the number of machines in the cell?

I'm including a screen shot of a mock-up in Excel to better illustrate my desired outcome. This mock-up would be all the machines in one cell.

Thanx in advance,

David
Attachments
Sample.png
Sample.png (70.34 KiB) Viewed 21572 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Building Forms on the fly

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Use a grid control and add the rows and columns needed.
But since this is not really a product support question but a "How do I create that script question" please post that question in the PowerShell or PowerShell GUI forum.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
boyddt_co

Re: Building Forms on the fly

Post by boyddt_co »

Will do, thanx.
This topic is 9 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.