VersionRecall vs ChangeVue?

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 10 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Eurisko

VersionRecall vs ChangeVue?

Post by Eurisko »

I'm a licensed owner of ChangeVue, I was looking at the features of VersionRecall.

Can you tell me what exactly is the difference between the 2, or is VersionRecall a replacement for ChangeVue? Can we switch our license if we just purchased ChangeVue to VersionRecall?
Ferdinand Rios

Re: VersionRecall vs ChangeVue?

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

VersionRecall is really designed for individuals or small groups (2-3) people. It uses a completely different paradigm. Instead of storing file diffs in a database, VersionRecall stores full copies of the files in their original format. There is no "checking in" or "checking out". This makes it very easy for individuals to use, but in a group use scenario, it is not ideal as there is no real protection against overwriting and no provision for code merging on check in.

As we see it, ChangeVue is version control for teams, while VersionRecall is version control for the rest of us.
F.G. Rios
This topic is 10 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.