Invalid Drive O:\ when trying to install

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 12 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
vgerretz

Post by vgerretz »

I have been trying to install PrimalScript2011 Build 150 on to a Windows 7 x64 workstation. When I run the install, I get the following error:
The workstation is connected to the company's network and Drive O: was here when the initial install occurred.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

So I take it that the O: drive no longer exists?

In order to install a new service build PrimalScript does a quick uninstall of the previous build while preserving all your data and settings. Then it installs the new build.

If the MSI of the currently installed build is no longer accessible you should try a manual uninstall or remove the previous version's Windows Installer references from the registry.
If a manual uninstall is not working and you need assistance with the latter please let us know.
Then install the new build by running the setup executable.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
vgerretz

Post by vgerretz »

I am installing on a new machine, PrimalScript2011 Build 150 was never installed on it and Drive O: is mapped. PS2011 is not listed in Programs that are installed. The install process does not get that far.

The "My Documents" was moved from the local drive to the network drive. Would this impact the install on a new machine?
vgerretz

Post by vgerretz »

Got the following entry in Application Event Viewer.

Product: PrimalScript 2011 -- Error 1327. Invalid Drive: O:
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

There can be a couple of places where redirection can be a problem:

The installer tries to create a folder
[My Documents]SAPIEN Scripts.

If the installer has no access permissions this is one of the potential error messages.

The installer also requires elevation. I can't tell if you running under a non-admin user and enter the credentials of an admin account when prompted for elevation. If that is the case, can it be that the account you provide does not have the O: drive mapped?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 12 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.