[Dublicate component name] Error

Archived support forum for customers who once purchased a PrimalForms product license. This forum is locked.
This topic is 11 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
HH_Scripting

Post by HH_Scripting »

Hellowell, yesterday evening, i saved my Project after a whole day of working.and now this morning i startet primal forms 2011, openend my project (which is 3 little forms with about 300 lines of code, and a mainform with 4 tabs in it and about 2300lines of code) and got several the error:Duplicate component name 'button1'. Component names must be unique and case-insensitive.Well i couldnt figure out how to resolv that! cause i cant open my mainform because of that error! and i dont know why i get that! i allways rename my buttons shortly after creating!Please give me some advice how to solve that! its an important project!

HH_Scripting2011-05-27 02:11:38
HH_Scripting

Post by HH_Scripting »

im really not happy with the support here.if my corp. pays money for your software it should at least have a better support.but i solved it by my self.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

If you know the problem and can reproduce it, please email the files to support@sapien.com. This way we can solve the problem and prevent it from happening in the future.

Please take note we are on Pacific Time and we do need to sleep from time to time :)

Daviddavidc2011-05-27 10:08:33
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
DepartmentalLabs

Post by DepartmentalLabs »

I am current having the same issue, can u guys post what is the fix or solution, I am running Powershell Studio 2012
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Can you email the pff file to support@sapien.com (zipped please) ?
I will have someone look at it as soon as possible.
Alexander Riedel
davidc

Post by davidc »

Do you recall any steps that you might of taken before the error occured? Did you copy paste controls? etc.

Thank you

David
David
davidc

Post by davidc »

The issue will be addressed the next service build of PowerShell Studio. Once it is released (in a few days) please be sure test your form and ensure that you can open and run the file.
We have yet to figure out what triggers the issue but it shouldn't be a problem after this release.

David
David
thebexter

Post by thebexter »

any ways to fix this: RegKeyUpdater.pff: Duplicate component name 'combobox_list_by'. Component names must be unique and case-insensitive.

allowed to run , save, and check into to TFS. Now the PFF can not be opened. What's up with that
davidc

Post by davidc »

If you have an issue please post a new topic and include your product version, OS, and the exact problem.

Thank you,

David
David
This topic is 11 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.