Silent installation guide for PrimalScript 2023

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 9 months and 4 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
itpurchasing@apra.gov.au

Silent installation guide for PrimalScript 2023

Post by itpurchasing@apra.gov.au »

I'm trying to install 8.1.183 into Windows 10 (22H2), 64-bit silently as the single user that needs it doesn't have admin rights.

I've downloaded and silently installed a the pre-req Windows Desktop Runtime 7.0.5:
windowsdesktop-runtime-7.0.5-win-x64.exe" /install /quiet /norestart

I figured out that I can run:
PRM23Setup_1.5.91_020523_x64.exe /exenoui /exenoupdates /noprereqs
...to install that SAPIEN ScriptMerge 2023.

Q1: Do I need SAPIEN Updates if I'm telling everything not to update via /exenoupdates?
Q2: How do I then install PrimalScript silently? When I run:

PSR23Setup_8.1.183_051823_x64.exe /exenoui /exenoupdates /noprereqs
or
PSR23Setup_8.1.183_051823_x64.exe /exenoui

... I still get prompted to accept the EULA and to specify a path.

Q3: Where is the silent install guide? It's no longer under Support > Downloads?
itpurchasing@apra.gov.au

Re: Silent installation guide for PrimalScript 2023

Post by itpurchasing@apra.gov.au »

@Alexander Riedel, please move to viewforum.php?f=29 if that's the correct place for this.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Silent installation guide for PrimalScript 2023

Post by brittneyr »

Our installers are built with Advanced Installer. The command line switches can be found here:
https://www.advancedinstaller.com/user- ... -file.html

/exenoupdates skips update checks, if any are defined. We do not have any of those.
/noprereqs skips some rerequisites, but not all. There are three types or pre-requisites:
1. Pre-install
2. Feature based
3. Post install

AFAIK, the switch only skips feature based prerequisites and our prerequisites are defined as pre-install. All prerequisites need to be installed, including SAPIEN Updates.

The following switches should work:
/exenoui /qn

As for the silent install guide, I'll get back to you on that.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 9 months and 4 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.