PrimalScript Crash on Start

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 10 months and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
dpetreeMVP

PrimalScript Crash on Start

Post by dpetreeMVP »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: PrimalScript 8.1.182.0 (x64)
Operating system: Windows 10 (x64) & Windows 11 (x64)
PowerShell version(s): 5&7

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

- PrimalScript was running fine on both of my machines
- Ran the update to get to version 8.1.182 and on both machines, when it opens, It shows the Trial Screen, when I hit continue, the program Crashes
- I do have a valid license key, I just have not added it yet
- Found no good info in EventViewer
- If you can let me know the log location, I will get review those logs and post back if needed.
- If I need to add any more info, please let me know
- I have uninstalled and downloaded a new file from the website on 1 of the machines, same issues. No different.

I did fine the SPAIENupdate.exe in/Program files. Here is the history that shows I updated it yesterday, and that is when it crashes on start.
PS_Update.png
PS_Update.png (58.17 KiB) Viewed 2515 times
When I Start the program, this comes up fine, no issues, but as soon as I click on "Continue", the whole program crashes.
PS_ContinueTrial.png
PS_ContinueTrial.png (195.98 KiB) Viewed 2514 times
DO NOT POST LICENSES, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: PrimalScript Crash on Start

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Thank you for letting us know. A crash must have an entry in the Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> Application log.
Could you please look and send that information here? Thanks!
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
dpetreeMVP

Post by dpetreeMVP »

Thank You. I will see what I can find.

Btw,

I , 100% agree that its with me and not the product. Just trying to find the solution.

:)
dpetreeMVP

Post by dpetreeMVP »

I have an idea. I will report back.

(I have to add more characters to post...lol)

:)
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

It's not you. It's us. A fix was released
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
dpetreeMVP

Post by dpetreeMVP »

Ah man, I just fixed it too, and was thinking it was me... LOL
It was strange how it worked, then I shut it down, and when i opened it back up, it had a update, then after the update, it crashed....

What I just did was created a new VM, and downloaded the program, and when I went to install it, this screen came up....
PS_Update2.png
PS_Update2.png (49.52 KiB) Viewed 2486 times
So, that made me think.

I went back to my machine it was crashing on, and repaired the 2 .net, and the 2 VisualC++ programs, and then downloaded the PrimalScript and it installed and opened without issue.

Well, whos ever fault it was, its fixed now.... hahaha

Thanks for your assistance
This topic is 10 months and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.