PrimalScrip UI not respecting windows UI scaling

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 10 months and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
barrybloom

PrimalScrip UI not respecting windows UI scaling

Post by barrybloom »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build:
Product: PrimalScript (64 Bit)
Build: v8.1.181
Build: v10.0.19045

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***
PrimalScript is showing at my native HiDpi monitor resolution and not respecting Windows 175% scaling, PowerShell Studio however is having no such issues

See attached screenshot

DO NOT POST LICENSES, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM
Attachments
hiDPI.png
hiDPI.png (99.33 KiB) Viewed 1835 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: PrimalScrip UI not respecting windows UI scaling

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Here are two screenshots I took here with different scaling factors. It appears to work as intended.
Please keep in mind that PrimalScript is a Windows API application and PowerShell Studio is a Windows Forms application. They use different subsystems, runtimes and UI libraries, so results will not be exactly the same.
In some cases and on some systems you will need to restart a process to scale properly or even log out and log back in.
This is largely OS version and screen / driver specific so hard to diagnose from here.
If there is something you specifically cannot see because it becomes too small on your screen, please let us know.
175 percent.png
175 percent.png (560.15 KiB) Viewed 1820 times
150 percent.png
150 percent.png (345.1 KiB) Viewed 1820 times
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
barrybloom

Re: PrimalScrip UI not respecting windows UI scaling

Post by barrybloom »

Hi Alexander,

thank you for the prompt response and the information the applications use a different platform.

I should add I am connected to a remote machine via Citrix, however after a log out and back in again, even though the session is resetting to 100%, when I reset to 175% PrimalScript is now rendering at the correct scale!

My eyes and I thank you!

Barry
This topic is 10 months and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.