PrimalSense in PS Studio 2023 Not Showing Custom Snippet Shortcuts in Script

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 1 year and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
xtraspecialj

PrimalSense in PS Studio 2023 Not Showing Custom Snippet Shortcuts in Script

Post by xtraspecialj »

I recently updated from a very old PS Studio version (2017) to the latest 2023 version. I went into Options and pointed the new version to my custom Snippets folder and those snippets show up just fine in the Snippets window. I can click on, edit, and insert those snippets into my code just fine. However, I'm not being prompted in the PS Studio intellisense (which I believe is called PrimalSense, right?) for neither the long name nor the shortcut name of these snippets. The only way I can insert them into my code is by clicking on them and inserting them.

To test if this was an issue with snippets in general, or just the ones in the custom snippet folder, I recreated one of my snippets into the User folder and, sure enough, that snippet shows up in the intellisense. It's just the snippets in my custom folder that aren't working. I never had a problem with this in PS Studio 2017, so I'm not sure what the issue may be present now in 2023.

I've tried the following:
  • Restarting PS Studio
  • Restarting my computer
  • Turning the "Show snippet shortcuts in PrimalSense" option off and back on again (and did the same with the "Enable custom PrimalSense" option as well) and then restarting PS Studio
  • Checked the Registry to see if anything funky stood out to me there (it didn't, but I'm no expert of course).

Any clue why custom snippets aren't showing up in PrimalSense?

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2023 (5.8.216)
Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise 19042.2364
PowerShell version(s): Powershell 5 64 bit (5.1.19041.2364)
by brittneyr » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:03 am
Please try service build 5.8.217 and let me know if you are still having issues.
Go to full post
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: PrimalSense in PS Studio 2023 Not Showing Custom Snippet Shortcuts in Script

Post by brittneyr »

Thank you for reporting. I've been able to reproduce this behavior and have informed the development team. When I have more information, I'll post here.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
xtraspecialj

Re: PrimalSense in PS Studio 2023 Not Showing Custom Snippet Shortcuts in Script

Post by xtraspecialj »

Well darn, was hoping it was something wrong with my install that I could perhaps fix quickly. Oh well.

Thanks for the prompt reply and I look forward to a fix.
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

Can you please open your snippets in our Snippet Editor, verify the information is correct along with making sure a Shortcut is specified, then save. There has been changes since 2017 that may have affected loading older snippets in PrimalSense.

You may need to restart PowerShell Studio in order for this to be recognized by the editor.
Brittney
xtraspecialj

Post by xtraspecialj »

Yep, I already verified that as well. Plus, like I said in my original post, if I simply take these snippets and put them in my User snippets folder, the shortcuts and long names all show up in PrimalSense just fine. It's only when they are in my Custom snippets folder that they don't show up in PrimalSense. And yeah, I've restarted PS Studio many times and even my computer.

See my screenshot for one example.

I even tried creating a new snippet from scratch into my custom folder, thinking that maybe the old snippets just weren't being detected for some reason, but even a brand new snippet in my Custom folder won't show up in the intellisense.
Attachments
2023-01-27_12-18-26.png
2023-01-27_12-18-26.png (10.59 KiB) Viewed 8957 times
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

Please try service build 5.8.217 and let me know if you are still having issues.
Brittney
xtraspecialj

Post by xtraspecialj »

Sorry for the delay in replying, but I finally got a chance to test it out and yep, that fixed it. I appreciate the prompt fix for this!
This topic is 1 year and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.