GUI equivalent of out-gridview?

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 1 year and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
STM001

GUI equivalent of out-gridview?

Post by STM001 »

Hello everyone,

I have a powershell script that use |out-gridview. This script show a pop (out-gridview) with possibility of filtering by each column and text search. I would like to reproduce this but in a GUI. Is there something like it in powershell studio? I tried gridview but there's not filtering option for the user.

Thank you
pshelltx

Re: GUI equivalent of out-gridview?

Post by pshelltx »

Sapien PowerShell has a built-in snippet called ConvertTo-DataTable that can take a gridview and create an associated DataTable. Once you have the more powerful DataTable object created you can add the mouse event "ColumnHeaderMouseClick" to your gridview and take advantage of sorting capabilities associated with DataTable object.

LazywinAdmin has a good writeup, Bing search it up.

Hope that helps you.
This topic is 1 year and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.