Studio freezes at random times Cont.

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 1 year and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Studio freezes at random times Cont.

Post by brittneyr »

We have not been able to reproduce this behavior. Having said that, some changes have been made to PowerShell Studio in the next service build that might affect the behavior you are experiencing. I'll update you when I have more information.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

Please try build 5.8.214 and let me know if we need to continue investigating this issue.
Brittney
B Daring
Answers: 2
Has voted: 1 time

Post by B Daring »

Thanks Brittneyr,

I will install it now and see if I can break it :).
B Daring

Post by B Daring »

Well, so far it only paused for about 10sec then came back. But it only done it once so far and no real freezing. So far it looks good.. I will keep testing.
B Daring

Post by B Daring »

I had a good freeze today. I search for something in 2 files and then downsized it and I could not bring it backup. I had to force kill it. even alt-tab I still couldn't get it to open. I even tried to shift right click on the icon in the taskbar and click on restore and it even froze that window.
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

The original post was for service build 5.8.203. Has this been a consistent issue for you in builds since service build 5.8.203? Do you remember if you experienced the behavior before that?

Also, does this ever occur with files not saved on your network?
Brittney
B Daring

Post by B Daring »

Hi Brittneyr,

Yes, I experienced it in 5.8.202 as well. I have not tried it with local scripts. I will see if I can check that out.
B Daring

Post by B Daring »

Well so far I have tested it for 2 days all doing it local. No issues yet. Earlier today I loaded a local one, did my search and about a few hours later loaded a network script and it loaded fine then did maybe a 10sec freeze but came right back. So it does look like it is freezing on Network loaded scripts. But only if I "Find in File" search
B Daring

Post by B Daring »

Hi,

Well I opened a local copy of a script well after I had a networked copy open and did a search on the local copy. It froze for about 45secs but did recover.
B Daring

Post by B Daring »

I say that then an hour later it totally froze. I had to kill it. Again, only searched on the local copy but had a network project open as well.
This topic is 1 year and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.