Unable to activate PrimalSQL trial?

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 1 year and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jamie.dobbs

Unable to activate PrimalSQL trial?

Post by jamie.dobbs »

Hi,

I'm trying to activate the trial of PrimalSQL but getting this error.
Can you help please?
primalsql.png
primalsql.png (178.25 KiB) Viewed 4464 times
The key i have entered is the trial key sent to me via email
Adam Crowe
Site Admin

Re: Unable to activate PrimalSQL trial?

Post by Adam Crowe »

Hello jamie.dobbs,

Thanks for reaching out.
In looking at the screenshot you provided, it seems you are attempting to run the trial on a virtual machine.
If so, you will need to utilize a virtual machine trial key. You can generate one by clicking the "Virtual Machine Trial Key" link located under Account Tools on your Registered Products page.

Please try to activate the product again using the newly generated virtual machine trial key.

If you continue to experience any difficulties, please let us know, we are happy to help.
Attachments
VMTrial.png
VMTrial.png (24.08 KiB) Viewed 4450 times
jamie.dobbs

Post by jamie.dobbs »

Thats the key i have entered although interestingly it's not a Virtual Machine?
I tried a VM Key as it appears to think its a VM but its a physical machine.

If it makes a difference i also have Powershell Studio on that machine?
Adam Crowe
Site Admin

Post by Adam Crowe »

Thank you for the additional information and followup attempt.

Depending on individual machine configurations, VM detection can render false positives. We apologize for the inconvenience.

As we debug this, could you please provide the answers to a few questions?
To be certain, when you attempt to activate the trial, are you are entering the key that begins with 22-PQL-1122?
jamie.dobbs

Post by jamie.dobbs »

Adam Crowe wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:07 am when you attempt to activate the trial, are you are entering the key that begins with 22-PQL-1122?
Yes, thats correct.
Adam Crowe
Site Admin

Post by Adam Crowe »

Thank you for confirming and your patience.
The software team is continuing to look into this bug.

While they are solving this issue, I have registered a new PrimalSQL trial key to your account starting with 9557.
Please use this key to activate your trial.

I will also send an e-mail to the account we have on file containing the trial activation key.

If you continue to experience issues, please respond to my e-mail, or post in this thread.
jamie.dobbs

Post by jamie.dobbs »

Hi,

Thank you, that key worked, i am getting this error though when connecting to a MySQL DB

"The given key was not present in the dictionary."

Connecting to this DB via other tools such as Heidi doesn't result in such error, is it a setting in PrimalSQL i need to change?
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

It sounds like you made need to modify the generated connection string.
From a quick search, you may be able to fix this by adding the charset to the connection string like so:
Server=myServer;Port=3306;Database=myDB;User ID=user;Password=password123;CharSet=utf8;
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 1 year and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.