Intellisense not working/cache not building for AWS Module

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 1 year and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
PsCustomObject

Intellisense not working/cache not building for AWS Module

Post by PsCustomObject »

Product: PowerShell Studio 2022 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.8.209
Build: v10.0.22000.0

I know somebody at Sapien will hate me for this as I seem to have any kind of issue with Intellisense/cache builder but here we go again :-)

As per subject I have installed, actually updated, AWS PoSh module for which intellisense was working fine etc. Since I upgraded the module intellisense does not recognize it anymore, I've tried to manually rebuild cache, manually import the module, force to use the older version to no avail.

I've also tried to remove and reinstall the module (in between closing PoSh Studio and even rebooting) still no result, I have no exception or obvious error and caching seems to work for the other modules on my system so I'm kind of lost.

Please let me know if there is any information/log I could send to help you in the analysis.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Intellisense not working/cache not building for AWS Module

Post by brittneyr »

What is the CacheBuilder status from the following files:
C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\SAPIEN\CachedData 2.1\Local Machine\CacheBuilder64.inf
C:\Users\[User]AppData\Roaming\SAPIEN\CachedData 2.1\Local Machine\CacheBuilder32.inf

If you have PowerShell 7 installed, what version do you have?

Please try deleting the corresponding .syntax, .cmdlet, and .alias files for that module from here:
C:\ProgramData\SAPIEN\PresetCache 2.1\ModuleCacheV5
Then try rebuilding the cache.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
PsCustomObject

Post by PsCustomObject »

Many thanks,

the x64inf file displayes completed
[CacheBuilder]
Status=Finished
[CacheVersion]
X64=7.2.6
While the x32 tells me interface cannot be instantiated (but I do expect this):
[CacheBuilder]
Status=Finished
PowerShell interface could not be instantiated
[CacheVersion]
x86=
My bad I should have mentioned I'm currently running PoSh 7.2.6 which I know is not (yet) supported but issue with the module actually appeared before the module update even.

As per the .syntax file I can only find them for "legacy" AWS module versions which are not even present on my system, I've just deleted them and trying to rebuild cache.

Will report back if this solves the issue.
PsCustomObject

Post by PsCustomObject »

So tried this to no avail, cachebuilder seems to correctly find and cache module's content
[Module]
AWSPowerShell|4.1.138|The AWS Tools for Windows PowerShell lets developers and administrators manage their AWS services from the Windows PowerShell scripting environment. This version of AWS Tools for Windows PowerShell is compatible with Windows PowerShell 2-5.1. An alternative module, AWSPowerShell.NetCore, provides support for Windows PowerShell 3+ and PowerShell Core 6+ on Windows, Linux and macOS. This product provides support for all AWS services in a single module. As an alternative, a modular variant is also available: separate smaller modules (e.g. AWS.Tools.EC2, AWS.Tools.S3...) allow managing each AWS Service.
[Command]
Cmdlet|Add-AARCustomDomain|CS
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/powershell/l ... stomDomain
Calls the AWS App Runner AssociateCustomDomain API operation.
[Syntax]
__AllParameterSets|Add-AARCustomDomain [[-ServiceArn] <string>] [-DomainName <string>] [-EnableWWWSubdomain <bool>] [-Select <string>] [-PassThru] [-Force] [-EndpointUrl <string>] [-Region <Object>] [-AccessKey <string>] [-SecretKey <string>] [-SessionToken <string>] [-ProfileName <string>] [-ProfileLocation <string>] [-Credential <AWSCredentials>] [-NetworkCredential <pscredential>] [-WhatIf] [-Confirm] [<CommonParameters>]
[Outputs]
__AllParameterSets|Amazon.AppRunner.Model.AssociateCustomDomainResponse
[Parameters]
But in my code cmdlets for this specific module are showing "grey", weirdely enough this is affecting only AWS module and not the other ones on my machine (Azure among them)

If I go in object explorer I can see the module listed but no cmdlet beneath the main node.
PsCustomObject

Post by PsCustomObject »

Ok scratch that, I closed the application and re-reopened it which seems to have taken care of the caching issue.

So I would say I'm good to go :)

Thanks for your assistance!
PsCustomObject

Post by PsCustomObject »

Ok without opening a new thread just following up on this, issue re-represented itself again with the AWS module only.

I've tried what I did last time (deleting cache files and rebuilding manually the caches) but issue persists, funnily enough this time I just updated an unrelated module so did not touch the AWS one at all.
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

Can you upload the cache files for the AWS module here:
https://www.sapien.com/support/upload
Brittney
PsCustomObject

Post by PsCustomObject »

Apologies for the late reply, I just uploaded the zip file containing the caches.

Thanks!
PsCustomObject

Post by PsCustomObject »

Just to add to the post this is happening for other modules as well (PowerCli among others, some are not imported at all in the solution I am working on so there could be more).
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

I have received your files and am currently looking into this behavior. I will update you when I have more information.
Brittney
This topic is 1 year and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.