MSI builder: set run of ps1/cmd hidden

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 1 year and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
stevens
Has voted: 2 times

Re: MSI builder: set run of ps1/cmd hidden

Post by stevens »

Thanks.
Have no other easy tool to convert. Didn't find easy way to make it into PS Studio without the need to exit my project(?)
Here is the version info:
Product: PowerShell Studio 2019 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.6.166
Build: v10.0.14393.0
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I am not sure I follow. I looked up your license and you have a DevOps suite license.

1. You can start PrimalScript and package scripts there if you do not want it to interfere with whatever you have opened in PowerShell Studio
2. You can enable multiple instances in PowerShell Studio if you want to separate things.
3. If you open a script file that is not part of your project, you can still package that without it interfering with your project.

Lastly, you are running the 2019 version. There are a good number of new features that have been added in the last three years.
It might be worth evaluating that. TBH I do not remember when the silent engine option was added.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
stevens

Post by stevens »

Ok, that works fine indeed!
Though the msi installer doesn't wait for the exe to finish. Don't know how the MSI installer can now when it finishes so it can close?
Now it starts the msi installers and stops in 2 seconds, meanwhile the exe runs in the background for 30 more seconds, but meanwhile the program is not installed and the user thinks it is -confusing :-(-.
stevens

Post by stevens »

Got it figured out, I thought.
Exe was working fine, but now it doesn't execute anymore. The exe calls for an ps1 and it seems it doesn't execute it because of Powershell restrictions.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

From your post it is not possible to determine if the exe does not execute or the secondary script.
It is a little odd that things work and then not without anything else changing, but I do not know the environment.
If you have restrictions, you may have to
a) sign the script properly
b) execute it via powershell.exe with an -executionpolicy bypass switch
c) or also package it as an exe
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 1 year and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.