can't use this . method to display the members of an object

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 1 year and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
davaleng

can't use this . method to display the members of an object

Post by davaleng »

Hi,

I just used the software PowerShell Studio, but found a problem

I can't use this . method to display the members of an object, need some settings?

Using another software PowerGui that was successfully implemented, please take a look at the picture below

my system: windows7 , PowerShell Studio 2020, Version & Build: 5.8.209

Powershell code:

Code: Select all

Add-Type -Path "$HOME\Desktop\EPPlus.dll"

$e = New-Object OfficeOpenXml.ExcelPackage("$HOME\Desktop\200.xlsx")

$e
Dll File:
nuget Search EPPlus ver4.5.3.2

Any suggestions are welcome, thanks in advance
kelin
err.gif
err.gif (218.06 KiB) Viewed 2163 times
davaleng

Re: can't use this . method to display the members of an object

Post by davaleng »

There are also many DLL files that cannot display the methods and properties of members, :oops:
This is a very handy feature :idea: , has anyone encountered the same problem? :?:
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

We are looking into this and will get back to you soon.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

From my initial tests, I found the PowerShell variable $HOME in the path of the dll to be the issue. When I put the full path or relative path without the variable, it appears to work as expected. I've filed a bug report with the development team and update you when I have more information.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
davaleng

Post by davaleng »

Thank you for your reply, I look forward to the problem being resolved
This topic is 1 year and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.