missing tooltips (continued...)

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 1 year and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
gmichaud

missing tooltips (continued...)

Post by gmichaud »

Product: PrimalScript (64 Bit)
Build: v8.0.169
Build: v10.0.19044
NOT a VM - Physical Dell workstation

Continuing from the "Former and Future Customers - Questions" forum...

I had upgraded to the .169 version - without uninstalling the previous version - to get the code folding fix and noticed that my tooltips were again missing. After uninstall of .169 and re-install they are again working.

BTW, this also affects the tooltips for variable values while debugging vbscript.

This seems repeatable. In the past I had always installed dot releases over the installed version and tooltips had not worked for a long time. The 2 times I uninstalled the old before installing the new, tooltips work.

FYI, I have multiple sapien apps installed, but to fix this I uninstall/install only primalscript.
Screenshot - 8_4_2022 , 10_38_44 AM.png
Screenshot - 8_4_2022 , 10_38_44 AM.png (22.27 KiB) Viewed 2620 times
Thanks,
Gerry
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: missing tooltips (continued...)

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Our installers ALWAYS uninstall the previous version prior to installing the new version. No changes have been made to tooltips in any fashion in a very very long time.
Tooltips are a Windows functionality. Once setup and you hover with the mouse a certain time, Windows prompts the application for a tooltip for the location.
If you do not get tooltips it could mean that
a) Your cursor is not sitting still
b) You visual mouse cursor and the actual position differ
c) another application steals the focus from the foreground application dynamically.

These are the ones I can think of. I am sure there are others.
I would use a different computer, as clean as possible to test this.
Switch to a different mouse as a test

Please specify, best via screenshot, where exactly you hover to wait for the tooltip. A mouse cursor has what is called a hotspot, which is the supposed trigger coordinate for mouse related things. Some mouse drivers and Windows accessibility options may let you change that.

Last but not least, if you hover over a button in the ribbon, do you get tooltips there?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
gmichaud

Re: missing tooltips (continued...)

Post by gmichaud »

The next time it breaks I'll make a video for you.
Thanks,
Gerry
This topic is 1 year and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.