How to submit bug report

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 1 year and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
crossen2798
Has voted: 1 time

How to submit bug report

Post by crossen2798 »

How do I submit a bug report?
I looked through the FAQ, but didn't see anything about it.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: How to submit bug report

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Generally there is no need for an end user to file a bug report. If you post your problem in the forum and it is evaluated as a bug, we will file an issue and try to resolve it as best and as quick as we can.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
crossen2798

Post by crossen2798 »

Ok, how about this then...

Anytime I compile an exe with the packager for a script, it's popping up the alternate credential username and password in message boxes when the script runs. If I run it from within the IDE, it doesn't happen, but if I package it and run the exe, before the form displays, first it displays a messagebox with the alternate username, then when clicking ok, it throws up a second messagebox showing the password!

Nowhere in my code do I have these credentials. They are ONLY being stored in the script packager settings. And it only seems to happen when selecting either "Impersonate user" or "Run as user". When selecting "Current user", the issue doesn't happen.

I was able to get the issue straightened out (for me). But I had to downgrade through three different versions of PowerShell Studio before I found the last version that was released before the bug was introduced. It looks like it was introduced in version 5.8.203, released on 04/06/2022. Version 5.8.202 doesn't seem to have this problem.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

Can you please upload the psbuild file and its corresponding files (psf, script, or project) that is demostrating the behavior here:
https://www.sapien.com/support/upload
Brittney
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We have reproduced the problem and are testing a fix.
Alexander Riedel
crossen2798

Post by crossen2798 »

I see a new version available for download (5.8.206). Does this version have the fix in place?
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

Yes, please try service build 5.8.206.
Brittney
This topic is 1 year and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.