Decompiling Compiled PS1 to get original script

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 1 year and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
christopher.french

Decompiling Compiled PS1 to get original script

Post by christopher.french »

I see that in some versions the script is just included as a .zip resource. In newer versions like the PoshExeHostWinv5, it's impossible for me to find. Can you give me any guidance as to where I might find my script in the compiled EXE using a decompiler?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Decompiling Compiled PS1 to get original script

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We can only assist licensed users with the retrieval of code. Otherwise we have no means of verifying legitimate ownership.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
christopher.french

Post by christopher.french »

I'm sorry, I thought you could see that I am a licensed user.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

There is no license associated with your user id and you are posting in the PowerShell community help section. So unfortunately, no I cannot determine your license status.
For code recovery, the licensed user can log into their SAPIEN account and click the "Code Recovery" link on their SAPIEN account page.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 1 year and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.