Custom savable bookmark lists feature?

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 2 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
SuperPlated

Custom savable bookmark lists feature?

Post by SuperPlated »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2021 5.8.188
Operating system: Windows 10 Professional
PowerShell version(s): 5.x
32-bit version of software? N

Happy 2022!

I have question for those of you who have created full-on solutions with PSS...

Jumping around code? How do you do it well?

I have a pencil and and notebook and jot down lines where key functions and blocks of code reside I'm working on. Of course, they're static. It would be nice if there was a custom bookmark list or something. Did I miss that feature? Some of my projects are creeping up on 10K lines.

Thanks!
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Custom savable bookmark lists feature?

Post by brittneyr »

You can always bookmark selected lines of code (Home->Navigation) from the ribbon:
SPS_RibbonBookmark.png
SPS_RibbonBookmark.png (17.93 KiB) Viewed 6298 times
You can also bookmark by right-clicking with the line selected in the editor:
SPS_EditorMenuBookmark.png
SPS_EditorMenuBookmark.png (128.19 KiB) Viewed 6298 times
Once a line has been bookmarked, you can navigate from the ribbon to the next or previous bookmark.
You can also use the navigation dropdown in the editor to move between the document's bookmarks:
SPS_EditorNavigationBookmarks.png
SPS_EditorNavigationBookmarks.png (66.16 KiB) Viewed 6298 times
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 2 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.