PowerShell Studio - 'script running' status indicator?

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 2 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jtchurch
Has voted: 1 time

PowerShell Studio - 'script running' status indicator?

Post by jtchurch »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2022 v5.8.200
Operating system: Windows 10
PowerShell version(s): 5.1.19041.1320
32-bit version of software? No

Does PowerShell Studio have any kind of status indicator to say 'your script is running' like PowerShell ISE?
This is a small thing, but helpful and seems like a standard feature but I can't seem to find how to turn that on in PowerShell Studio.

PowerShell ISE Status Bar
Image 351.png
Image 351.png (3.16 KiB) Viewed 7505 times
Image 352.png
Image 352.png (1.3 KiB) Viewed 7505 times
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: PowerShell Studio - 'script running' status indicator?

Post by brittneyr »

While there is not a direct equivalent to what you are looking for, PowerShell Studio has many indicators that a script is running:
SPS_RunningIndicators.png
SPS_RunningIndicators.png (288.4 KiB) Viewed 7479 times
As well as when debugging:
SPS_DebuggingIndicators.png
SPS_DebuggingIndicators.png (216.2 KiB) Viewed 7479 times
I'll talk to the development team about the running/debugging document icon change to make it more distinctive as I feel that is hard to see the difference.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jtchurch
Has voted: 1 time

Re: PowerShell Studio - 'script running' status indicator?

Post by jtchurch »

Thank you Brittney! I appreciate the reply and info. And thanks for passing that along to the Dev team as well.
This topic is 2 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.