Unable to get PrimalSense working with RSAT Module Exported Types

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 2 years and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
everybodyhatesspam

Unable to get PrimalSense working with RSAT Module Exported Types

Post by everybodyhatesspam »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product: PowerShell Studio 2022 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.8.201
Build: v10.0.14393.0
PowerShell version(s): 5.1.14393.4583
32-bit version of software? No

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***
I'm trying to use types from other modules (e.g. ActiveDirectory) in a module that we're developing but I don't get autocomplete or type information from the types exported by those modules. For example: Creating a variable with the [Microsoft.ActiveDirectory.Management.ADComputer] type
- If I use "Using module ActiveDirectory" in a plain ps1 script then the type is loaded and I get autocomplete, the type turns blue and gives me class information.
- If I use "Using module ActiveDirectory" and/or RequiredModules = @("ActiveDirectory") in our module I do not get type detection/autocomplete. The cmdlets are loaded but [Microsoft.ActiveDirectory.Management.ADComputer] is white and I don't get any primalsense for it.

DO NOT POST LICENSES, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Unable to get PrimalSense working with RSAT Module Exported Types

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Please provide a valid email address on your SAPIEN account so we can communicate with you.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
everybodyhatesspam

Post by everybodyhatesspam »

It is a valid email address, I guess my domain name isn't as funny as I thought.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

I will look into this behavior and get back to you when I have more information.
Brittney
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

Upon further investigation, I have found inconsistent behavior when loading type information from ps1xml files. I've filed a bug report with the development team. I do not have an ETA on this fix.
Brittney
This topic is 2 years and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.