PSS 2022 Layout not saving.

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 2 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jtchurch
Has voted: 1 time

PSS 2022 Layout not saving.

Post by jtchurch »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2022 5.8.200
Operating system: Windows 10
32-bit version of software? 64

I save my preferred layout, with the script editor on one side and the console on the other.
But when I reopen PSS, and select that saved layout, it has put the console as a tab. No longer in its own pane.
Attachments
Image 318.png
Image 318.png (16.55 KiB) Viewed 9333 times
Image 317.png
Image 317.png (8.58 KiB) Viewed 9333 times
jtchurch

Re: PSS 2022 Layout not saving.

Post by jtchurch »

Must just be a bug in the software. I found that if I assigned the console to the far right area, it would save and stay, but not when it was saved to the middle/right area. (see attachment) I guess I just won't worry about trying to have any other panels on the right.
Attachments
Image 319.png
Image 319.png (9.21 KiB) Viewed 9321 times
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

This is functioning correctly. When a control is being docked, you choose which edge of the parent container a control is connected to:
SPS_DockingControls.png
SPS_DockingControls.png (109.37 KiB) Viewed 9309 times
When a panel is docked from the inner right option:
SPS_Docking.png
SPS_Docking.png (118.07 KiB) Viewed 9309 times
It is connected to the right edge of the container control as well as the other controls in that container. In this case, the files you had open split the container control with the Console panel.
The problem with this is when the application is launched, all panes will be created before any documents are loaded so this will never function as you intended. There are no plans to change this.

When you docked from the outer right option, you removed this relation to the documents opened as now the relation is with the outer edge of the container control. Thus when the application started, creation times were no longer important and this will look as intended.

I hope this clarifies the behavior you are seeing.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jtchurch

Post by jtchurch »

It does! Thank you Brittney. I appreciate the quick response.
This topic is 2 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.