Unable to Sign exe or powershell Script

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 2 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
surapaneni

Unable to Sign exe or powershell Script

Post by surapaneni »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: Powershell studio 2022
Operating system: WIndows 10
PowerShell version(s): 5.x
32-bit version of software?

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

I tried using native PowerShell signing cmdlet and i am able to sign a PS1 ..however if i try to do the same using the studio i am receiving the error ..Tried both for ps1 and exe and results are same

When try to package an script to exe ..I am receiving this error
Writing scripts to bin\x64\Install-Agents.exe
Embedding elevated manifest...
Error: No provider was specified for the store or object.
Unable to sign bin\x64\Install-Agents.exe

Error: The file "bin\x64\Install-Agents.exe" is not signed.
Package completed

2 error(s), 1 warning(s)

here are my output settings for packager and code signing certificate settings..all others are defaults

DO NOT POST LICENSES, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM
Attachments
SAPIEN_Script_Packager_mnHivsojk1.png
SAPIEN_Script_Packager_mnHivsojk1.png (8.79 KiB) Viewed 6433 times
SAPIEN_Script_Packager_AMwz5RXrtu.png
SAPIEN_Script_Packager_AMwz5RXrtu.png (14.85 KiB) Viewed 6433 times
SAPIEN_Script_Packager_2v5VWrgURn.png
SAPIEN_Script_Packager_2v5VWrgURn.png (39.46 KiB) Viewed 6433 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Unable to Sign exe or powershell Script

Post by Alexander Riedel »

You blanked out any certificate information, so it's hard to tell if what you selected is valid or not.
Can you send these screenshots to support@sapien.com without blotting out details? Please include a screenshot that shows where your certificate is in the certificate store.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 2 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.