Could not load file or assembly error

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 1 year and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
BrianF221

Could not load file or assembly error

Post by BrianF221 »

Product: PowerShell HelpWriter 2022 (64 Bit)
Build: v2.3.53
Build: v10.0.19044.0
PowerShell version(s): 7.2.1

I am having issues when I attempt to create a new help project (from module).
I see the module listed in the Registered Modules list in the Select Module dialog; but it appears that is has not brought over any of the cmdlets.

And when I attempt to load the module, I get the following error:
"Could not load file or assembly 'System.Management.Automation, Version=7.2.1.0, Culture=neutral, ... The system cannot find the file specified."

The System.Management.Automation.dll is include in the module's folder, so the developer is wondering if you support PowerShell 7.2.1."

Thanks in advanced for your assistance.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Could not load file or assembly error

Post by brittneyr »

As of the latest release build (2.3.54), PowerShell HelpWriter does not support PowerShell 7.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
BrianF221

Post by BrianF221 »

Do you have a timeframe for when PowerShell HelpWriter will support PowerShell 7.2?
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

At this time, I do not have a timeline for PowerShell 7.2 support. You are welcome to make a feature request here:
https://www.sapien.com/requests
Brittney
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

PowerShell HelpWriter 2023 was released with PowerShell 7 support. For more information, please refer to the following article:
https://www.sapien.com/blog/2023/01/17/ ... 7-support/
Brittney
This topic is 1 year and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.