Powershell packager startup shortcut doesnt launch at startup

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 2 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
dbortunk

Powershell packager startup shortcut doesnt launch at startup

Post by dbortunk »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: 1.4.43
Operating system: Windows 10
PowerShell version(s): 7

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

I have created an MSI package with a powershell executable created from the packager. I added a desktop and startup shortcut for this executable to create an MSI. When I run the MSI it does actually create a shortcut on the desktop and in a new startup folder it creates however it will not run the shortcut from this location. Its as if this startup folder that the packager creates is not valid startup directory. If I add the shortcut to the built in all users startup directory manually, it launches at startup. What it does is create a Startupfolder under path C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\StartupFolder and place the shortcut there. However the actual startup folder is located at C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp so it appears it's not respecting that new folder at startup.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Powershell packager startup shortcut doesnt launch at startup

Post by brittneyr »

Can you please upload your psbuild file here:
https://www.sapien.com/support/upload
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
dbortunk

Post by dbortunk »

I have zipped and uploaded the file to the link provided
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

From the psbuild uploaded, you have a silent engine selected which suppresses output. Are you sure the application is not launching?
Brittney
dbortunk

Post by dbortunk »

Positive because I have toast notifications and its a map drive script so if its successful, drives are mapped which doesnt happen at startup. If I manually run it, it works fine. I actually modified the shortcut location in the psbuild file manually to ShortcutLocation=Start Menu\Programs\StartUp and then loaded it into the packager and created an MSI and that worked. So I believe the issue is where the packager thinks the startup folder should be.
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

We are looking into this and will get back to you soon.
Brittney
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

The issue has been sent to the proper place for evaluation and correction. When a fix is issued with a service build, it will be listed in the change log.
Brittney
This topic is 2 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.