PowerShell 7.2 compatibility

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 2 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
HONDAAL
Has voted: 1 time

PowerShell 7.2 compatibility

Post by HONDAAL »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2021 v5.8.196
Operating system: Windows 10
PowerShell version(s): 7.2

After upgrading PowerShell 7 from v7.1.1 to v7.2, scripts are no longer running, even in Debug mode. This is the only output I get:

Code: Select all

>> Debugging (<module_project_name>) Project Script...
>> Platform: V7 64Bit (STA)
>> Script Ended
Running the same code at a PowerShell 7.2 prompt works, so the issue seems to be just with PowerShell Studio. After updating PowerShell, I updated PowerShell Studio and let CacheBuilder run to completion, but still no luck. If I switch PSS from "V7 - 64 Bit" mode to "v5 - 64 Bit", then the scripts execute normally.

If there is not a known compatibility with PowerShell Studio and PowerShell 7.2, what do you suggest? Thanks.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: PowerShell 7.2 compatibility

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Please see viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15624

PowerShell 7.2 requires .NET 6 which was just released, and we need to use Visual Studio 2022 to build some of the components.
This also was just released and just actually became available to purchase (Note that we cannot use unlicensed software to build published applications)
Unfortunately that means nothing is really compatible with prior versions.
So you have to give it a little time.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
HONDAAL
Has voted: 1 time

Re: PowerShell 7.2 compatibility

Post by HONDAAL »

Alexander, thanks for the quick response. I'm back to PowerShell 7.15 and all is good. I will keep an eye out For PowerShell Studio updates that indicate PowerShell 7.2 compatibility before trying this again.
This topic is 2 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.