tried to use the experimental wpf export

Anything you want to tell us? Praise? Criticism? Post it here. Please keep it professional and constructive.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 4 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
monoeagle

tried to use the experimental wpf export

Post by monoeagle »

Hi,

Win10 Pro last Release
Installed the PSS 5.7.171 update, created dummy gui project, went to the designerview and tried to use the button "export as WPF/XAML".

result: I can click but nothing was copied to the Clipboard

Any Idea?

regards
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: tried to use the experimental wpf export

Post by brittneyr »

Ah, it seems it gets confused when the form is apart of a project. I've filed a bug report with the developer and it should be fixed in the next service build.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
ark9898

Post by ark9898 »

Is there an eta on the next service build?
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

There is currently not an eta, but a fix will be included in the next service build.
Brittney
ark9898

Post by ark9898 »

A hotfix or a beta would be awesome so I can actually use this much needed feature.
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

Have you tried build 5.7.172? There was some changes made to the converter to work with Project GUIs on a per GUI basis meaning, it should only work with the current GUI open in the designer. There are plans to change this, but this feature is experimental as it still in heavy development so I guess you could consider it a 'beta'.

Are you getting any errors in your Tools Output Panel? Also the Export as XAML/WPF creates a file, not copy to clipboard. The Copy XAML to Clipboard can be found here:
SPS_CopyXAML.png
SPS_CopyXAML.png (73.78 KiB) Viewed 16899 times
Brittney
This topic is 4 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.