Adding new form... misleading...

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
Rixtter747

Adding new form... misleading...

Post by Rixtter747 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:53 pm

Hey all,

So I've been trying my first multi-form project. When I load a standard multi-form, attempt adding a new form via the File...New...Form. I don't get what I would expect to.

The manuals suggest loading the new form via an event call Show-MyNewForm_psf which is auto-generated from a newly saved form, but this isn't the case when you apparently add the form from the main menu system as I have.

I wasted a days work figuring out that I have to add the new form via the Project window... New File... and tabbing to Forms via the popup. Not very intuitive. Or maybe I didn't read enough guides... but the last I found on youtube was 2016, and Call-MyNewForm is now clearly obsolete. Was this mentioned anywhere I didn't find? New update, anyone, really?

You should not be able to add a new form as I initially did to my project and see it added to my tabs which make it look integral to my project, only to find it isn't really.

I'm really sorry if I'm not finding decent guides on this so far, I've been looking through youtube & also the online documentation, but I'd appreciate some pointers to help me for future bumps.

I love this software, just clearly need some pointers...

Richard.

brittneyr
Site Admin

Re: Adding new form... misleading...

Post by brittneyr » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:49 pm

You are correct, there seems to have been a change in the function name from Call-MyNewForm_psf to Show-MyNewForm_psf that has been poorly documented. I apologize for the inconvenience and we are working to update our information.

When you create a multi-form project (File->New->New Form Project->Multi-Form Project), the project is opened in the Project panel:
SPS_ProjectPanel.png
SPS_ProjectPanel.png (12.91 KiB) Viewed 361 times
The panel is where you would want to add forms or scripts. If you attempt to add from the ribbon (File -> New), it will not be added to your project and therefore, it will not recognize the form you are trying to call. If the form you are attempting to call is not listed in the project panel, it is not directly part of the project. If you would like to add a script or form that already exists to your project, again you must use the panel:
SPS_ProjectPanelAddExisting.png
SPS_ProjectPanelAddExisting.png (34.09 KiB) Viewed 361 times
Brittney Ryn
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

Rixtter747

Re: Adding new form... misleading...

Post by Rixtter747 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:03 am

Thanks for the reply, I'm a happy coder again :D