Primalscript 2007 and Exchange 2007

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 15 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
anbl@blaschke-net.com

Post by anbl@blaschke-net.com »

i'm using Vista 64, SP1 and installed Primal Script 2007 on this machine. In order to write exchange scripts
i installed esm admin tools 2007 on this machine,
create folder C:UsersAndyDocumentsWindowsPowerShell (Andy is the Logonname),
created file Microsoft.PowerShell_profile.ps1
content: Add-PSSnapin -Name Microsoft.Exchange.Management.PowerShell.Admin

Result: not working.

Opening the Powershell direkt, it works well, the exchange commandlets are there.

so, please tell me why primalscript is not recognizing it.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

PrimalScript is a 32 bit application. Did you install the 32 bit PowerShell pieces or the 64 bit bits? Is the Exchange stuff 64 bit?

Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
anbl@blaschke-net.com

Powershell is installed as 32 and 64 Bit Version, Exchange is 64 Bit.
anbl@blaschke-net.com

Additional Informations:
i opend PS 32, it tried to load the profile and responded with error, that this snapin is not available. Then i downloaded the 32 Bit Version of Exchange, tried to install with resulting message, that i have to use the 64 bt version on this plattform. So how can i solve this?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Hmm, seems MS doesn't give you any options here. Even if you disable using the built-in host and use the actual shell, as a 32 bit process all folders and filenames will change to the 32 bit equivalents.

Unfortunately you'll encounter that frequently with 32 bit software on a 64 bit platform.

I'll check if there is anything we can do on our end.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 15 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.