Database Browser

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 15 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
huntsecker

Database Browser

Post by huntsecker »

Hey,THe database browser inside of primal script doesnt show the same results as what you get inside of visual query builder,the example that is affecting me currently is a connection to a oracle database, in visual query builder it displays the tables I need to query and creates the sql I require (all good so far), I then create a new connection inside of Database Browser to connect to the Oracle database, once again all fine, but when it displays the tables procedures etc, the tables folder is empty where as they were displaying fine (still display fine) if you go into visual query tool
Ferdinand Rios

Database Browser

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

I will have the dev team take a look at this and get back to you.
F.G. Rios
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Database Browser

Post by Alexander Riedel »

These two tools use different methods to query the schema of a database.
If you do not see tables in the database browser it is most likely a problem with the ADO drivers from Oracle.
Can you provide more infomation on database version and driver versions?

Alex
Alexander Riedel2008-11-21 09:48:09
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
huntsecker

Database Browser

Post by huntsecker »

Hey,Thanks for your speedy reply,Oracle database is version 10and im using the latest client (v.11), although on the connect option I'm using oracle v10 (I mean the sql dialect)If you need which release(by that I mean v10.xxx) of the oracle database I will have to tell you when Im back in the office.regarding the client version its the one they have on there website currently which is v.11.1.0.6.0Cheers
huntsecker2008-11-21 11:32:58
Alexander Riedel

Database Browser

I talked to our database guys and they say that Oracle's ADO driver doesn't return everything it is supposed to. We are looking into it what workarounds we can come up with from our end.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Database Browser

Post by davidc »

You might want to join the Beta testers. We are currently testing PrimalSQL, which may solve your issue.
http://www.sapien.com/beta

Thank you,

David
David
huntsecker

Database Browser

Post by huntsecker »

Hey Guys,Any update on this, as its a real pain not having this functionality with the project I'm working on.Cheers(no time to beta test unfortunatly)
huntsecker2008-11-26 06:02:41
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Database Browser

Post by davidc »

I'm sorry about your difficulty, but we are working on this issue.
Thank you,

Daviddavidc2008-11-26 08:37:44
David
huntsecker

Database Browser

Post by huntsecker »

any word on when this will be fixed ?
Alexander Riedel

Database Browser

I can't really promise anything on that. Oracle really doesn't play with the standards here. We'll do the best we can, though.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 15 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.