SendtoPS help

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 14 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Dlashley
Has voted: 3 times

SendtoPS help

Post by Dlashley »

I have two issues with sendtops. First is the command line parameters to pass a line number along with the file to PS works, but I have to click thru an "Invalid Parameter" error. Second, As of the last update 2007 (565) the "Edit with Primal Script" verb on the menu is not working.. I have reviewed the associations and they look OK. Can you make any suggestions?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

SendtoPS help

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I will check on the invalid parameter error.
As for the second part, in a quick test is works fine.
Can you tell me what the exact entries for
vbsfile under "Edit with PrimalScript" are, what the version number on sendtops.exe is and, where you exactly have sendtops.exe and PrimalScript.exe installed.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Dlashley

SendtoPS help

Post by Dlashley »

Thanks Alex...
The Location of the files are... "C:Program FilesSAPIENPrimalScript 2007 Enterprise" the versions are SendToPs.exe = "2.0.3.0" and PrimalScript.exe = "4.5.565.0".
This is the line that is configured as the action for "Edit with PrimalScript"
"C:Program FilesSAPIENPrimalScript 2007 EnterpriseSendToPs.exe" "%1"
Dlashley

SendtoPS help

Post by Dlashley »

Extra Note: I Just tested this command from a start RUN :
"C:Program FilesSAPIENPrimalScript 2007 EnterpriseSendToPs.exe" "C:Documents and SettingsdlashleyMy Documentsmyscript.vbs" ..
It did not work..
Alexander Riedel

SendtoPS help

Check this registry entry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionApp PathsPrimalScript.exe

Does it point to the right location?
Alexander Riedel
Dlashley

SendtoPS help

Post by Dlashley »

Well.. No.. That key (PrimalScript) does not exist.
Dlashley

SendtoPS help

Post by Dlashley »

OK... Thanks.. I added that key and it worked.. I don't have any Idea why the key would have been removed. One would think a repair would reinstall the key.
Alexander Riedel

SendtoPS help

Try the version attached here and see if that helps:

uploads/7840/SendToPS.zip
Alexander Riedel
blueJ

SendtoPS help

Post by blueJ »

I am starting to have exactly the same issue from last week.
Right click and select "Edit in PrimalScript" and nothing happen. I opened the process monitor and find the SendToPS.exe stay there. If I select "edit in primalscript" several time, each time there will be one more SentToPS.exe process created and stay. I have to mannuly kill all of them.

I veryfied the registry key and it does point to the correct path. I also try to run SendToPS.exe with path to my vbscript and confirmed it doesn't work neither.
Alexander Riedel

SendtoPS help

Did you download and replace the updated version shown above?

Alex
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 14 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.