GUI Form Builder

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 15 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jimbrs@gmail.com

GUI Form Builder

Post by jimbrs@gmail.com »

Active Script Editor (a much cheaper and inferior product) includes a form builder that presents .net controls and a form designer similar to Visual Studio that allows you to save the form code to your code (even powershell). This is an awesome feature as I use forms for user input regularly in powershell. It is painful to have to manually enter this code. It seems to me the a superior product like PrimalScript should have a similar feature.
donj

GUI Form Builder

Post by donj »

Thanks very much for the input. In fact, this is something we've been discussing internally, too - we just want to make sure we do a stellar job with it, and prioritize it along with other new features. But it's on our list as well as yours :).
b0n3z

GUI Form Builder

Post by b0n3z »

I agree - this is something that is needed. It's too painful to use other applications like Visual Studio or ASE rather than having it built into PrimalScript.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

GUI Form Builder

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I would like to talk to both of you on the phone about this topic.
If you can, please email me a phone number and a good time to call to support@sapien.com

Thanks,
Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jimbrs@gmail.com

GUI Form Builder

Post by jimbrs@gmail.com »

I sent my contact info per your request.
huntsecker

GUI Form Builder

Post by huntsecker »

I would also like to see a the graphical part to the .net families, seems a bit pointless having vb.net without the front end section would mean I only need this application rather than visual studio as well.
Alexander Riedel

GUI Form Builder

The .NET language support was originally added to support ASP.NET web developers, who don't really need a Windows Forms builder.
But we hear you, we have heard other say this and we are working on something.

Alex

Alexander Riedel2008-03-29 11:02:54
Alexander Riedel
pasdargent

GUI Form Builder

Post by pasdargent »

Don mentioned at TechMentor last week that Sapien is working on a GUI form builder for PS that would be a free addition to registered users. Is there an estimated date for when this product will be available?
Alexander Riedel

GUI Form Builder

Right after the PowerShell debugger is finished we'll work on that full speed. I cannot promise any specific time frame, sorry.
Alexander Riedel
ramseygr

GUI Form Builder

Post by ramseygr »

The PowerShell GUI Form Builder was mentioned at MMS 2008 also - Don mentioned that the "beta" was available for download for registered users, but I don't see it. . . . is it still available? how can I get it?

Thanks,

Greg
This topic is 15 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.