Separate code folding when use split window

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 1 year and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
RonnySundsvall

Separate code folding when use split window

Post by RonnySundsvall »

Hi!

When I use split window and open or close a fold, the fold happen i both windows.
I want the fold to happen only in the window where I click the + or - icon.

I have search but not able to find an option for this.

Regards
//Ronny

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2021, v5.8.192
Operating system: Windows 11
PowerShell version(s): 5.1 (64Bit)
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Separate code folding when use split window

Post by brittneyr »

By code folding, do you mean collapsing and expanding regions?

Can you please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing?
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
RonnySundsvall

Post by RonnySundsvall »

Hi!

Yes, collapsing and expanding regions.

To recreate:
- Open a powershell-script (I just created a new to demonstrate)
- Click View->Split Window. Now you have to separate views on the same file. Regions folded.
- Click the +Icon in one of the views to expand one region.

As you can see the region expands in both views. I would like to region to expand only in the view I clicked, not both.
Imagine that you have a bigger file and has position the right view on something you want to focus on. Now if you in the left view expand a region higher up in the file then position is shifted in the right view and the position of interest is moved by the size of the expanded region.

Include a picture here, but it´s really simple to recreate.
No, not possible to paste images here, just url. Try to recreate when it´s so simple :-)

Regards
/Ronny

brittneyr wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:09 am By code folding, do you mean collapsing and expanding regions?

Can you please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing?
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

Split-View is the same file and as the commands you are using for the whole file, this is expected behavior.

After looking over your account, I see you do not have your activation key registered to your account. Registering your key will allow you to download previous builds available to you under your key.

If you wish to purchase a new license, please contact sales@sapien.com and they would be happy to help you.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 1 year and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.