PS Studio 2023 Free Trial too limiting

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 1 year and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
dcharlton

PS Studio 2023 Free Trial too limiting

Post by dcharlton »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build:
Operating system: Windows 10
PowerShell version(s): 5,7
32-bit version of software? no

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

DO NOT POST LICENSES, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM

The free trial is too limiting. I am willing to pay for 1 month for the full version to test out, before I have my company make the purchase for me. Is there any way I can purchase just one month to test with full features instead of only having 5 controls? I couldn't even finish a class on plural sight with an example script, due to this limitation. I am interested in your product, but I don't want to pay for an entire year of use only to find that it won't do what I am expecting.
dcharlton

Re: PS Studio 2023 Free Trial too limiting

Post by dcharlton »

Forgot to Add
Product, version and build: PS Studio 2023, 5.8.217
dcharlton

Post by dcharlton »

Couple of other things your website state a 45 day free trial the license is only 30 days. here is a snippet from your refund policy that is also incorrect

SAPIEN Refund/Cancellation Policy
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc. offers fully functional 45-day trials on all software.

you do not have fully functional as you are limited to 5 controls in the GUI.
Lanae Dale

Post by Lanae Dale »

Hello,

Please contact support@sapien.com referencing this post. They will be able to assist you further. Thank you.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Hi. You didn't email support@sapien.com but I looked at your account to investigate this issue. It appears you applied a 30 trial extension key right away rather than use the original 45 day trial.
To assist you, I generated a new key for you to use, which will be emailed to you. Please make sure that support@sapien.com is in your address book to avoid having it flagged as SPAM.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Apologies, I just saw your email to support come in.
As per your question: "If I am referencing something like MSOL module in my script. Does the person who uses the exe on another machine need the MSOL module installed on their machine for it to work?"
Any external modules, applications, assemblies etc you do not include in your MSI (or similar deployment mechanism) need to be pre-installed on a target machine.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 1 year and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.