Studio freezes at random times Cont.

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 1 year and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Studio freezes at random times Cont.

Post by brittneyr »

Can you export your product settings and upload them here:
https://www.sapien.com/support/upload

You can export settings from Options->General:
SPS_OptionsSaveSettings.png
SPS_OptionsSaveSettings.png (43.76 KiB) Viewed 7087 times
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
B Daring
Answers: 2
Has voted: 1 time

Post by B Daring »

Hi Brittneyr,

I have uploaded settings as requested
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

For the last few days and after comparing your product settings to mine, I had PowerShell Studio remain running on a test machine. With a project and several files of varying sizes open, I would occasionally edit and search in the files then minimize the window. While I did experience some slight delays when bringing up the window after minimizing, I have not gotten PowerShell Studio to completely hang.

I believe the behavior you are experiencing is connected to having files on your network and your network timing out when PowerShell Studio is attempting to check things with files open.

Build 5.8.214 contained some optimizations to speed up some processes with files, not related to searching in files though. If you saw improvement in that build, we can continue to investigate those optimizations to see where the hang could be occurring. At the moment, that is the only direction I can see we can take to address this behavior for you.

Other than that, I'm open to suggestions or any other information you think might be relevant.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
B Daring
Answers: 2
Has voted: 1 time

Post by B Daring »

Thanks Brittneyr,

I totally understand and if it is just me that has to deal with it I will try not to create the freezing on purpose :)

Although our network should never "timeout", I agree it has something to do with it. I will see how this new build works for me in this aspect.
This topic is 1 year and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.