Getting "A referral was returned from the server" msg

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 1 year and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
bob@santafesystems.com

Getting "A referral was returned from the server" msg

Post by bob@santafesystems.com »

When I create an .exe file from my form script and run it on my Win10 machine, it runs fine. But when I run that same executable as admin on the Win2019 server, I get a popup:
referralerr.png
referralerr.png (17.3 KiB) Viewed 3198 times
However, when I don't run As Admin, it comes up correctly. The problem is, this is doing some modification to Active Directory and needs to be run As Admin.

Any ideas would be helpful :)
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Getting "A referral was returned from the server" msg

Post by Alexander Riedel »

A quick Google search indicates that your group policy only allows signed executable files to run elevated.
Disable that policy or use a certificate to sign your executable.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 1 year and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.