Script does nothing after compiling

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 1 year and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
u48jmber1

Script does nothing after compiling

Post by u48jmber1 »

Product: PowerShell Studio 2019 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.6.161
Build: v10.0.19044.0
PowerShell version(s): 5.1.19041.2364 - 64bit
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

unfortunately, I have a problem at the moment that after I compile my script the .exe just doesn't do anything. I don't see the application in the task manager nor can I see that the application starts somehow. During the start from the IDE (normal and debug) everything works normally. also when I compile the project in another installation (not licensed with the same license) the application works normally. Unfortunately I can't give any further information about this installation and the system except that it is Powershell studio 2020.

Unfortunately, when I try to run the project in my installation of PowerShell Studio 2020 (same license as the 2019 installation)I get an error when it tries to initialize the GUI (see screenshot). Although it is exactly the same project that I can start in Powershell 2019 from the IDE but not when it is compiled. In this installation (PowerShell Studio 2020 same license as the 2019 installation) the compiled script starts but with the same error message as when I try to start it from the IDE.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the installation where I get the Error when starting the project.
Product: PowerShell Studio 2020 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.7.175
Build: v10.0.19044.0
PowerShell version(): 5.1.19041.2364 - 64bit
Attachments
Error in 2020 same license .PNG
Error in 2020 same license .PNG (30.55 KiB) Viewed 7922 times
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Script does nothing after compiling

Post by brittneyr »

Just to clarify, your project does not run on your machine, correct?
Are you copying the files around to test this? Is there a difference in project files from your machine compared to the one that works?

When you run your executable, are there any errors in the Event Viewer? Does your executable administrator privileges?
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
u48jmber1

Post by u48jmber1 »

Hello,
I have tried it on 3 systems

System 1: PowerShell Studio 2019 (Same license): Here I can start the project from the IDE but when I compile the project the .exe does nothing

System 2: PowerShell Studio 2020(Same License): Here I can't start the project from the IDE (see screenshot), the compiled .exe starts but shows me the same error

System 3: PowerShell Studio 2020 (different license licensed to a different user) Here I can start the project from the IDE and also successfully compile the application to start normally.

Yes I copy the files to different systems always the complete project folder as a .zip file.

Unfortunately I don't see any events in the event viewer related to the compiled .exe

The script, the IDE or the compiled .exe is not run as admin on any of the systems. The sicrpt must be able to run in the normal user context without admin permissions.

I tried to compile the script with admin permissions (IDE started as admin) and started the compiled application as admin. but here I get the same results as a normal user
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

You seem to imply that the license used makes any difference. It has however no effect on executing or packaging a script.
For all three systems, please provide the exact version and build number of PowerShell Studio.
Can you upload your project here: https://www.sapien.com/support/upload ?
Or, if that is not possible, delete all code not relevant to illustrating this and only provide the parts that seem to cause the problem.
I notice you also have not indicated with packager engine you used, so please let us know that as well.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
u48jmber1

Post by u48jmber1 »

Hello,
after rebuilding the Forms file I can now compile successfully on System 2. I don't understand why the original Forms file works on systems 1 and 3 but not on system 2 but ok.

I suspect that the problem that the .exe does nothing after compiling on System 1 is caused by Powershell Studio 2019.
I will test this the days and then provide additional feedback.
This topic is 1 year and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.