PrimalScript hangs on any edit

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 1 year and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: PrimalScript hangs on any edit

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Seems to work fine here.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\text\shell\Edit with PrimalScript\command
See if this points to the correct file please
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
DiZzyDmon
Has voted: 1 time

Post by DiZzyDmon »

I was just getting ready to update this ticket that I had searched my computer's registry for instances of SendToPS, and that the key you mentioned (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\textfile\shell\open\command) was the only one I found that was set to PrimalScript 2022 instead of PrimalScript 2023.

I changed the data in the default value in that key, restarted my computer.
Unfortunately, this did not make any difference.

Even if I run SendToPS.exe in a Command Prompt, I still get the same result: SendToPS.exe in Task Manager, but PrimalScript does not launch.

Is there something else I need to change?
Attachments
Classes textfile.reg.txt
(3.82 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
SendToPS in Task Manager.png
SendToPS in Task Manager.png (15.63 KiB) Viewed 10375 times
Run from Command Prompt.png
Run from Command Prompt.png (11.2 KiB) Viewed 10375 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Very odd. I wonder why your registry key did not get updated.
From the version number that is Win 10 21H2, correct?
The fact that it hangs would indicate that it waits for another instance of SendToPs to finish.
or that there is a remnant value that makes it think there is one.
Did you kill that task at some point?
See if under
HKCU\Software\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.\Primalscript 2023\Control
you have a SendToPS value.
If so, delete it
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
DiZzyDmon
Has voted: 1 time

Post by DiZzyDmon »

In the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.\PrimalScript 2023\Control, I found a DWORD value SendToPs, set to 1.
As soon as I deleted that value, PrimalScript launched, opening the file I had last tried to open via right-click.

I closed PrimalScript, picked a different file to right-click "Edit with PrimalScript", the file opened right away.

Thanks for the fix!
This topic is 1 year and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.