Path to CSC.exe not found

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 1 year and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Mystery_Man_01

Path to CSC.exe not found

Post by Mystery_Man_01 »

Product, version and build: Primalscript 8.0.169
Operating system: Win 10
PowerShell version(s): 5.1.19041.1682

I'm brand new to C# and compiled languages. When I started Primalscript for the first time I got the error "Unable to find CSC.exe" or something like that. I found and gave a path to CSC.exe and I can now compile and run Hello World - yay.

I found I am unable to use String Interpolation. I suspect this is because I gave the path to an old version of CSC.exe - where can I update the path to a newer version. Is this stored within Primalscript somewhere?
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Path to CSC.exe not found

Post by brittneyr »

String Interpolation was introduced in C# 10 with .NET 6. Mostly like the CSC.exe you found was for .NET Framework which has an older version of C#.
I will check with the development team to see if .NET 6 is supported and someone will get back to you.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Specify the path to the compiler you would like to use here:
2022-08-05_8-53-35.png
2022-08-05_8-53-35.png (58.9 KiB) Viewed 5997 times
Alexander Riedel
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

For C# 10, you will need to download .NET 6:
https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/6.0
Brittney
This topic is 1 year and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.