Fonts static when running on remote server

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 1 year and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
bob@santafesystems.com

Fonts static when running on remote server

Post by bob@santafesystems.com »

Product, version and build:Powershell Studio 2022 5.8.207
Operating system:Dev Laptop: Win10-21H2. Target Server: Windows 2012R2
PowerShell version(s):Laptop: 5.1. Target Server: 4.0

Hi,
On my dev machine, label fonts look correct, both in the PS IDE and running the .exe
Fonts on my desktop.png
Fonts on my desktop.png (27.56 KiB) Viewed 1070 times
But when I package into an .exe then run on the server using RDP, the fonts all look the same (and tiny).
Fonts on server.png
Fonts on server.png (9.65 KiB) Viewed 1070 times
Has anyone seen this?
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Fonts static when running on remote server

Post by brittneyr »

PowerShell 4 is no longer supported by us; we only support PowerShell 5.1 or higher. This means we do not test to ensure our products work with this version of PowerShell.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
bob@santafesystems.com

Re: Fonts static when running on remote server

Post by bob@santafesystems.com »

OK. So I ran the same test on a Windows Server 2022, which comes with PS 5.1. The fonts come out correctly on that server. I'll update some of the 2012R2 servers with PS 5.1, but at least I have something to go on.

Thanks for the quick response!
This topic is 1 year and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.