cannot reach activation server

Use this forum to ask questions about installation or issues encountered while installing our software.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 2 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
khvoAXil1674728673

cannot reach activation server

Post by khvoAXil1674728673 »

Hi,

When I start any of the tools of the Sapien Software Bundle I get the message that it cannot reach the activation server (see attachment). My workstation can visit approved sites only, therefore our network administrator asks for the URL(s) of the activation server(s) to solve this issue. Can you help me by providing all the necessary URLs?

Regards,
Rob
Attachments
primal activation message.png
primal activation message.png (3.54 KiB) Viewed 13860 times
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: cannot reach activation server

Post by brittneyr »

Please add https://www.sapien.com and api.sapien.com to your list of approved sites.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
khvoAXil1674728673

Post by khvoAXil1674728673 »

After adding both URL's to the whitelist (we'd tried a wildcard as well) still no success. The message cannot reach activation server has gone, but the software becomes unresponsive. Still not all URL's are covered.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

This generally means the connection is let through, but the response is being blocked which is what is causing the application to hang as it waits for the response. Please verify that you are allowing all HTTPS traffic from https://www.sapien.com and api.sapien.com.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 2 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.