Missing Option Tabs in Script Packager

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 3 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
MdAMdA

Missing Option Tabs in Script Packager

Post by MdAMdA »

I miss the options pages in the Script Packager.
Until recently I could see the Engine Settings, Execution Restrictions, Version Information and Build Options tabs. Now there are no more options, I can only select the target and the script engines.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Missing Option Tabs in Script Packager

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Please specify the product and exact version you have installed. Since there is no license associated with your account I cannot obtain any information about that.
It would also probably be best to include a screenshot and some kind of time frame what 'Until recently' means.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
MdAMdA

Post by MdAMdA »

I use the following version:

Product: PowerShell Studio 2019 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.6.170
Build: v10.0.14393.0

Unfortunately I can't determine the exact time frame, I noticed it about 3 weeks ago.

The attached screenshot shows that only rudimentary functions are available.
Attachments
ScriptPackager.JPG
ScriptPackager.JPG (78.82 KiB) Viewed 3067 times
Alexander Riedel

Please email your activation key to support@sapien.com so we can determine what version and build you are eligible for.
(Do not post your activation key here)
Alexander Riedel
Alexander Riedel

For future reference, please post support questions with the userid associated with your license in the corresponding product forum.
If you are asked to email support with additional information, please do so in English and not in any other language.
Otherwise any answer will get substantially delayed.

The left hand selection menu in Script Packager disappeared for you because you clicked on the close button.
Due to an oversight the version you have has no UI means to make that element re-appear. This was remedied in a later version,
but since your support subscription has expired you cannot access that.

You can delete the following registry key to make the left hand menu re-appear:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.\SAPIEN Script Packager\Settings

Please make sure that Script Packager is not actually running at the time.
Alexander Riedel
MdAMdA

Post by MdAMdA »

Thank you for your support, after deleting the registry key everything is fine again.
This topic is 3 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.