Does RichTextBox support BorderStyle

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 3 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
david_effa

Does RichTextBox support BorderStyle

Post by david_effa »

I am using a couple of 'RichTextBox' elements in my form. It seems that the BorderStyle, which defaults to 'Fixed3D', does not change when if I select 'FixedSingle'. I'm not sure if it's something I am not doing or it's a bug. Has anyone experience this?

Product: PowerShell Studio 2020 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.7.180
Build: v10.0.19041.0
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Does RichTextBox support BorderStyle

Post by Alexander Riedel »

[Topic moved by moderator]
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

The RichTextbox does not support "FixedSingle" This is noted in the documentation for the "BorderStyle" enum.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet ... orderStyle

Always fully check the onl9ine documentation for controls when you have issues. Most PowerShell users would not know this but all developers of forms who are trained in forms development would know how to find this. The docs are useful but you must learn how to use them and practice. Once you learn this then the full capabilities of WinForms are available.
david_effa

Post by david_effa »

Thanks for pointing that out. I did not catch the "Note" section and I think I was looking for a RichTextBox section on its own instead of just TextBox. My bad.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

As I noted, you have to learn how to use docs. The path is from RB to its base TextBox to its base TextboxBase" to "BorderStyle" to the BorderStyle enum page. Once you understand this navigation then you can find all associated docs from the top down.
This topic is 3 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.