Using PowerShell BalloonTip and RSS Feed

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 3 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
probles40

Using PowerShell BalloonTip and RSS Feed

Post by probles40 »

Am developing a simple balloontip that can show the most recent rss feed alert to end user. This is the code that we have for displaying simple messages. How could I modify this code to pull most recent rss alerts.
  1. [void] [System.Reflection.Assembly]::LoadWithPartialName("System.Windows.Forms")
  2.  $objNotifyIcon = New-Object System.Windows.Forms.NotifyIcon
  3.  $objNotifyIcon.Icon = [System.Drawing.SystemIcons]::Information
  4.  $objNotifyIcon.BalloonTipIcon = "Info"
  5.  $text = 'This is just a text'
  6.  $objNotifyIcon.BalloonTipText = $text
  7.  $objNotifyIcon.BalloonTipTitle = "Tip Title"
  8.  $objNotifyIcon.Visible = $True
  9.  $objNotifyIcon.ShowBalloonTip(30000)
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: Using PowerShell BalloonTip and RSS Feed

Post by jvierra »

RSS alerts are part of Windows 10 and later. Just set notifications on for RSS feeds.

YOU will have to use the low-level API to access the RSS feed. There are numerous clisnt apps that can do all of this.
Without knowing your RSS client it is not possible to guess at an answer.
probles40

Re: Using PowerShell BalloonTip and RSS Feed

Post by probles40 »

Thanks for the reply, this answer my forum question. By the way, jvierra, am sure that you are super busy, did you get a chance to see my last reply on the other question? Thanks for all your assistance. it is greatly appreciated. And, I do want to keep learning powershell.
This topic is 3 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.