Trouble with Virtual Machine Trial Key

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 3 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
kmarryat

Trouble with Virtual Machine Trial Key

Post by kmarryat »

I went into MyAccount and generated a Virtual Machine Trial Key for PowerShell Studio a few weeks ago. It worked fine on the day that I created it but when I tried to use it on another VM today I am getting "This trial key is no longer valid"

Please let me know what I need to do in order to install PowerShell Studio on my VM.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Trouble with Virtual Machine Trial Key

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Yes, that is perfectly normal. The trial keys you generated in February are only valid within the month generated. It is April now, so those don't work anymore.
VM Trial keys are required on all machines that appear to be 'virtual', and allow for a 45 day trial on that VM. Looking at the date you generated the trial key, it would appear the trial period has expired.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel

Looking at your account further, it appears you have a proper license. Why don't you use that?
Alexander Riedel
kmarryat

Post by kmarryat »

I thought I was able to generate trial keys to use for testing rather than registering and unregistering my license key every time I create a new VM. Can I only generate 1 trial key per product?
Alexander Riedel

Yes, the trial key is meant for testing our product. If you generate a lot of different VMs for testing and need the product frequently activated you should contact sales about a lab pack.
If you need to debug on the VMs for testing, you should look into using our remote debugging service for that purpose.
If you re-use a single VM for testing but need to reset frequently I suggest to activate before creating the restore point.
Your business needs may vary, so please feel free to elaborate and we see what we can do to help.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 3 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.