Can I download patches

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 4 years and 3 days old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
SuperPlated

Can I download patches

Post by SuperPlated »

Hi,

I had my company buy me a PowerShell Studio license in January of 2020. It was finally deployed to me a few weeks ago.

In the Activation Information it says:

Your maintenance is valid through: 2/2021

During debugging, this new version has numerous "unhandled exceptions" (aka crashes).

In the upper right corner of the IDE is a black flag in a yellow square. When I click on it it seems that there are two bug-fixes available. I'm hoping that by downloading the latest it will fix my issue.

I'd love to download and install them, but the last time I "downloaded and installed" it hosed my licensing and I was unable to use the software for weeks while my company figured out how to "reinstall" it. Granted it had been over a hear when that incident occurred and I may have been out of my license.

Seeing that I have "maintenance valid through: 2/2021" can I install these bugfixes and still be able to use the software?

Thank you,
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Can I download patches

Post by Alexander Riedel »

You have not posted from an account that is associated with a license, so I cannot determine what the status is and what your current version is.
In theory this should not be a problem and if anything "hosed your licensing" it should not take weeks to resolve this as far as we are concerned.
I would suggest to contact us if anything like that happens. Please remember though that this must be done from the account associated with the license.
Otherwise we can cannot provide any information or render support for an un-associated license.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
SuperPlated

Post by SuperPlated »

I can give my organization and license information, but I'd prefer not to do it in a public forum. Do I have any other contact options?

The "weeks" timeframe with an artifact my my (large) organization. The purchasers, installers and users are never the same individual.

Thanks,
Alexander Riedel

You can always email support@sapien.com or sales@sapien.com depending on what you need. But please understand that ANY support request must originate from the email address associated with the license.
If it does not, there are limits as to what action can be taken or what information can be divulged.
From what you are describing, 'Scenario Two' here: https://info.sapien.com/index.php/quick ... ation-keys would apply to you.
You may want to forward this to the proper individual in your organization.
If you have a multi-user license, this document would apply: https://info.sapien.com/index.php/quick ... vation-key
Alexander Riedel
SuperPlated

Post by SuperPlated »

I may have to take that route.

However, would you know if I could click the upgrade button to upgrade from 5.7.172 to 5.7.173 & 4 without inactivating a license that was provisioned on 2/20?

I really want to click it... should I?
Alexander Riedel

People do it all the time. The update tool generally displays the state of your maintenance subscription.
I cannot tell you anything about it for the reasons mentioned above. Nor can I really help with the crashes you say you experienced because
you also have not provided any relevant information.
Please note that by not providing any supplemental information in support requests and posting from unrelated user IDs without associated license, you severely limit what we can do to help you or advise you.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 4 years and 3 days old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.