Powershell Studio - Designer Mode - All Controls have increased in size

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Isaac99

Powershell Studio - Designer Mode - All Controls have increased in size

Post by Isaac99 »

Hi
I designed a form in Powershell Studio 2019 with about 50 controls, textboxes, datagridviews, charts, richtextboxes, panels, groupboxes, buttons etc.
I have been working on this form for a few weeks now. Powershell studio is running on a Windows 10 PC which I access via an RDP session.
The form was designed to fit nicely on 1920 x 1080 screen - the form size was 1620, 729 when I was working on it last week.
I was able to edit and run the form from designer last week on a 4K screen also to make sure it was readable and maintained its proportions and all looked good and I switched between the 1K and 4K screen at various points during the week. I deployed to Windows Form also throughout last week and the .exe loaded as expected to fit nicely on the 1K screen every time I built it to .exe.

The Windows 10 PC was restarted over the weekend.
This week when I open the form in designer, the form dimensions have changed to 2869, 1100 and all the controls have increased proportionally in designer such that now when I run it on the 1920 x 1080 screen only about half the form fits on the screen.
I can resize the form but all the controls remain inflated in size such that I would need to resize each control individually.
I have been saving it in versions so that I can roll back to last Friday / Thursday last week but each version is opening in designer hugely inflated.
The only thing I did differently was on Wednesday that I changed the Layout - Autoscale setting from Font to Dpi as it made things line up a bit nicer, but as I said, I had been working and saving the form and building to .exe without seeing any issues.
When I roll back to last Tuesdays version before I changed the layout - autoscale setting from font to dpi it opens fine but I have a few days of adding controls and code since.
Any ideas what may have happened here?
Is there a way to decrease the scale of everything by a percentage such that I can get back to where I need to be?
thanks
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Powershell Studio - Designer Mode - All Controls have increased in size

Post by brittneyr »

We are currently investigating this and will get back to you.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Isaac99

Post by Isaac99 »

thanks, looking forward to hearing your thoughts
dakotazinn

Post by dakotazinn »

Ive seen this issue a multitude of times.

This usually happens when you change the scaling on Windows.
Not sure why.
I usually have to keep mine at around 125% for it to be compatible with both 100% and 150% scaling on other devices.
This topic is 4 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.