Progress bar while collecting user info

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Chris_Ediger

Progress bar while collecting user info

Post by Chris_Ediger »

I'm looking for a way to show a progress bar of some kind while my tool collects a (large!) list of user information.

After the user enters their credentials the script goes out and grabs all the users in Get-MSolUser -All and this takes about 30-40 seconds during which time there is nothing indicating the work is being done. I think it would be useful to have some kind of progress bar to let them know that the tool is working. I thought about just having a pop up window that says "This is going to take a minute so don't freak out and decide my new tool isn't working!!" but I sort of feel that a progress bar would be better.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Progress bar while collecting user info

Post by brittneyr »

[Topic moved by moderator to PowerShell GUI forum]
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 4 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.